07 December 2008

Melting at Nudgee

Sun. 8.00am   Nudgee  10 X 400m 70sec jog rest

68s. 72. 72. 71 .69. 71. 72 72. 71. 68

1.5M WU 1M WD

Goes with out saying the conditions were close to horrific! The humidity level had the sweat pouring from me from the warm up. Managed three intervals before I had to dispense with the singlet (vest) because of the weight!!
Two sprinters and their coach were training. The coach complimented me on moving well but then said I should drop my shoulders to make it easier on myself! I spent the next five intervals trying to work out how your supposed to drop your shoulders! Still their presence probably made me pick things up and stay respectable. The starting 68 was a bolt from the blue and had me worried I'd blow up on number two! Concentrated on trying to keep relaxed (drop them shoulders!!) and keeping it honest over the last 100m when the lactic was really kicking in and I was struggling to maintain form. Really felt shagged and momentarily thought maybe I'd cut it down to just 8 X, but determination to see it through prevailed. I was so drenched after I had to get my shorts off and drive home in a towel!! I was glad I didn't have an accident!! 
Happy with session but God only knows how I managed to string 7.5 X 72 together last Jan. I have a long way to go. Later in the day , back up the ladder my knees gave me serious jip.

Arsenal 1 Wigan 0

No comments: