21 December 2008

K Break


Sat. 3.00pm 6 X 1K (Geoff&Errol's) 3m18, 3m25, 3m19, 3m20, 3m21, 3m16 - 60secs Jog Recovery

A tough tough 'K'!!

Sun. Up at 5.00am Running by 6.30am 25K ?? L' Traverse 2h02m48s

More City to Surf training. I had curry and beer last night at Geoff & Nicole's (very nice) and felt guilty when I got to the top of L'Traverse where I had intended to turn back so carried on for an extra 10mins to make it a round hour at turnaround. Much cooler temp today than last week and I carried a bottle to 17mins and drank and left it for my return. It took me 9m30 to traverse the 'hill' at L' Traverse!.

I had a realisation on my run that perhaps the name "L' Traverse" doesn't have any special significance or exotic foreign history! This was because at roughly the 2KM point there is a sign that says 'K Break' and so I realised that the signs are just some forestry way of naming things and it just goes in an alphabetical order !!( K, L, N, M etc) and the ' is just added by me because I'm an esoteric ponce!

It does not detract from the fact that L' Traverse is Running Paradise!

No comments: