13 December 2008

Mars Venus Moon Face



Sat 5.00pm 32 O C !! 11KM Roo+Lake 41m40

As you all know I enjoy extreme variety in my training so today I ran topless! There was a thick blanket of cloud so no chance of getting burnt and it was late in the day.
I find that either the embarrassment of exposing my mm thick triceps or the freedom of movement of topless running always gets me moving quickly and as I had rested Friday I put the hammer down. The conditions were like Cairns out there. My fingers were wrinkled like I'd had a long bath. I'd hydrated well beforehand and even so stopped for another drink on route.
My time today probably makes it into my all time top 20 runs on Roo+Lake so quite good going (pushing through the pain).
I took these photos in my back garden a fortnight ago when Mars and Venus were sitting close together above the new moon which gave a 'face' like appearance! I think you had to be DownUnder to see it - Kids thought it was cool,hard to get the image real clear as the long exposure at night caused some shake!!
Geoff not much Johnny Diesel on imeem, couldn't find '15ft of snow' but this one sounds good?

No comments: