26 December 2008

The Orange Tree, Totteridge


Friday Boxing Day 6.00pm 11Km Roo+Lake 41m14s

I felt lethargic all day today, Stinking Hot and I was hanging around waiting for the sun to go down before getting out on a run and I  guess I just wanted to get out and hit the road. I started strongly which is always a good sign and I worked hard to maintain momentum. My split times were all good but I held myself back just a little because tomorrow morning I intend getting over to Shornecliffe for the Run Inn 5KM, and also because my knees were still hurting!
Poured with sweat (1.5KG of sweat loss during run!), happy with  a 41m14 = getting down towards decent times indicative of being fit. A 40m Something would have sounded better and a 39m Something  would mean I was fit.
I managed a 30, 35, 30, 30, 50 Push Up session. I've been a bit slack recently and seemed to regress so I'm concentrating on trying to be more consistent and conquer this session comfortably (!!) before moving on.
Boxing Day is somewhat different in the UK! Our Club normally had a Boxing Day Handicap Run and a drink up at the Orange Tree in Totteridge after.
The above photo is Stuey Moore taking it seriously in jock strap with me chasing in Pink Mesh! Conditions today couldn't be more extreme.

No comments: