02 December 2008

Nic Dougal

Monday  12.00  30 O C !  11Km Bridges run 44m17

The river path off the Storey Bridge has been closed off for weeks, though I ran this course last week, having the embarrassment of turning around at the closed off section and trying to find my way back on to the path via the roads I again forgot and did the turnaround thing again and completely messed up my route back to the path = probably heat delirium!

Tuesday  6.30am   Pat Carroll 3KM Time Trial  9m 36s   2nd place  (No Cat)

Carrying on from Saturday's 5KM Time Trial, I again ventured out into competition, completely lacking the preparation I would ideally bank before racing! No long runs, no interval sessions, four weeks no training. So I had no expectations. Matty Phillips tipped me the wink before the start that young gun Nic Dougal was really on form having run 9m28 last month , so I was comfortable seeing him disappear off into the distance to run a PB 9m17 (and record a PCRG Course Record). I turned around in 4m40 (1.5KM), I deliberately refrained from doing press ups after Saturday to allow my arms the chance to give me some drive (as opposed to last Saturday)
the other encouraging thing was the lack of wind. The course was out and back with some kinks and slight elevations. I shall enjoy coming back and giving this a real bash when I'm fit. Happy to put down a mark and to be out there racing! 
Pat Carroll and all his helpers put a great deal into organising this monthly Time Trial (Race), much appreciated by all those who take part. 
It was a perfect day, warm conditions but blue blue sky, just beautiful.
My race day companions ,Geoff H ran well to dip under 11m (10m58) and 68 y.o. Erroll Holmes ('Don't call me Flynn') ran a PB 12m55!!

Chelsea 1 Arsenal 2

No comments: