27 December 2008

Iggy Pop The Passenger

Saturday Shornecliffe 5KM Time trial 16m57s 1st

I was a little stiff from last nights effort but ran OK. As soon as I got out of the car I noticed the wind was back again! The course was altered from last month to be 'out' 1.25KM turnaround, (2.5KM lap), so would have cost a few seconds with the extra turns. I'm not sure if coping with the wind in 1.25KM bursts was better of worse. It was real warm (at 5.00am it was 25 O C) going back out with the wind at the second turn. Today was also a no watches guess your time. I reckoned last month I'd only just restarted training so I had to factor in 17m35 last time, 4 weeks of training, a hard 11KM last night and what factor to account for the wind and turnarounds? I guessed 17m00 so was pretty close!
Other people in attendance today included; David Scroope (all the way from the Sunshine Coast!),
Andy Clowes, Phil Klien and Ian Kent. I haven't seen Kenty for ages, he was taking things gently running 18m40.

/div>

No comments: