17 September 2008

Emile Puttemans

Wed  5.00am  11KM Roo+Lake  44m40

Moving quite smoothly for a morning run! Loving it! (though could be perfect it wasn't for  the midges that inhabit the  space about 5 feet above the ground, just as Dawn breaks and feel obliged to get sucked into my mouth leading to retching and sever pressure on my patched up hernia mesh!).
From my days at Loughborough (1980-1983) I remember during Exercise Physiology lectures that Performance (fitness) levels are  supposed to start dropping off after about 10 days of cessation of exercise.
Perhaps modern day sports science has refined this measurement but it will be interesting to see how much 4 weeks 'off' will have affected my performance. I believe the psychological affect (of not training) will have as much influence as the physiological affect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're getting back into it OK. It must have been driving you barmy not being able to run.

Curious. Where is Roo+lake?

Craig