07 September 2008

Scott Westcott

Very difficult for me waking up at 6.30am and thinking the B2B is going to start in 30mins ... can I make it to the start? Well it is Fathers day!! so it was still a joy to have Max and LILY give me their gifts and cards ( you come to realise that Kate @ 12y.o and Oli @ 14 y.o. have lost their conception of Daddy's Day love!). Had a lovely day, tea in bed then Breakfast at the Golf club then lunch arvo at the Beach at Sandgate.
Had a few beers but aware that I need to mindful of weight whilst not training!! There is possible light at the end of the tunnel that things may be starting to improve on the knee but there again I may be deluded!!
I was really pleased to get selected to represent Queensland in the Australian Half Mara Champs in Melbourne in a months time (Travel , race, and accommodation paid!). I will be 47 years old, and can't believe that I'm still competitive in Open competition!. Of course I'll be hoping that I can get back into training in order to be competitive asap.
B2B was won in 30m35 by Scott Westcott, well clear of Courtney Atkinson 2nd in 31m26 and Chris Reeves 3rd in 31m56. I'm looking at those times and thinking blimey! If I was fit, I might have made top 15!!

No comments: