21 September 2008

L Traverse

Sunday  6.00am  30KM(??)  L' Traverse 2h07m

Got up at 5.00am  out the door at 5.30am, got to Mount Mee at about 6.30am and hit the trail.
The intention was run to top of L Traverse and see how I felt and either turnaround then or run on ! As I started I immediately had pain in the right Achilles (If its not one thing its another!!) but I thought I haven't driven all the way up here for nothing and so ran on hoping to run it off. L Traverse is not the sort of run you want to do if you've got dodgy this or dodgy that as it goes UP or DOWN the whole way!The Achilles seemed to ease up through spells good and bad the whole way. Had driven along the Mountain road accompanied by a rock Wallaby for a distance! On the run a pair of really beautiful Blue and Red parrots flew by.

The Storm that had moved through Brizzy last night (both NRL and Electrical variety!!) left some damage in the wake. NRL left me gutted Electrical left fallen branches over the roads. On the trail the thing were remarkably dry. Only a few puddles here and there. Got to top of L'Traverse and decided I wanted to go the full hour (another 20mins) before turning around.

Aside from the discomfort of the Achilles I fared remarkably well and coped with the TWO hours OK. I took the camera along but looking at the photos they don't do this run justice! I'll post up shortly.

Bolton1 Arsenal3 - We are top of the league I said we are top of the league!!

No comments: