14 September 2008

Steve Harris

Saturday  2.00pm  6KM Steady (no time)

With great trepidation , I hit the road again! Was conscious of knee but wouldn't call it pain and towards the end eased into comfortable. Aerobically could tell I was rusty but the main point was to run and see the after effects of running. Well I got up Sunday and was still very happy with lack of reaction in the knee, some discomfort in the leg muscles but nothing like two weeks ago when I blasted out a 41min Roo+Lake not having run for the two weeks prior! I'll listen to the body today but intend to run an easy 11KM Roo+Lake.

Back in the late Seventies and early Eighties Steve Harris ran for Borough Rd College and for a period ran for Shaftesbury. He had the BEST running action I ever saw! He was smooth, effortless, his face the picture of inscrutability, in complete contrast to my mask of PAIN. He won National Junior CC title and was a full international.
Blackburn 0 Arsenal 4

No comments: