26 September 2008

Your My Best Friend

Friday 6.30pm 6Km Roo 25mins



Went out this evening hoping to make an attempt at restart training but can you believe it??? I'm stuffed! Started off and the old left knee was saying "hello" "don't forget about me ! I'm still here!" not really painful but just enough to cause doubts, and then the Achilles - yes I believe it is the Achilles shouts out "Your not going anywhere fast Fatboy!" . I started the run thinking I'll be safe and just run 6K but as the knee seemed to subside I thought well Melbourne is two weeks away I need to start thinking about getting the miles in , maybe I'll go full Roo+Lake 11K - no sooner thought than the R.Achilles starts to come on painful. How unlucky can I be ? 4 weeks off with still not totally cleared up L.knee and my R.Achilles gives me another problem. Maybe it's all connected, I've had a couple of ops on the right ankle so it is susceptible and with what appears to be a reliance on anti inflams to keep the pain away on the L.Knee - maybe that's my bodies way of saying Old Man, your too old, stop doing what your doing! Plenty more ice and Voltaren and it feels OK at the moment!

No comments: