06 April 2011

Blind Jack of Knaresborough

Wed 5.21am 10.57km Lake+Roo 42m33  4m02 K's


On Saturday at Masters I went into the Officials room to ask about results, the Secretary, Heather said 'Hello Gerrard, You haven't paid your subs!' , - she had mistaken me for Gerrard Gossens the blind runner I'd mentioned on Saturday's post!
I thought this was peculiar - how could she think I was Gerrard who is 40, getting around without a guide or a stick? 
It struck me when I saw this photo of me Sunday why she might have made the mistake! (thanks for the photo Craig [Bellthorpe]/Lindsay Hope)
Blind Jack of Knaresborough was one of Britain's 'Master' Road builders during the Industrial Revolution.
The overnight temp is dropping below 20 O C for the first time in 6 months, lower humidity and lower temps much easier running conditions!



2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Old blind mole, it's home sweet home down in his hole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfT8ApnM1QM

bob said...

Hey, really great blog post… I've enjoyed reading through your blog because of the great style and energy you put into each post. I actually run AceHealth.org, a blog of my personal research and experiences. If you're interested, I would love to have you on as a guest blogger. Please send me an e-mail: bob.mauer65(at)gmail(dot)com, and I can give you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.