28 July 2008

Charlie Parker

Monday 12.30pm 10.5KM Bridges 40m44s

Boy was it cold today! 13.6 O C when I got out in the middle of the day! Almost unknown for it to be so cold (apparently a cold Southern air mass - things are due to stay cold till Thurs Fri when more typical 23 / 24 O C Temps are forecast. I went out in my long sleeved top and wrapped it around my hands! The cold weather certainly kept the normal hordes of walkers indoors. Most other runners out there this arvo were not Namby Pamby like me and were brazing it out in singlets or tee shirts. The funny thing about Brizzy in Winter is the amount of people who still wear thongs and shorts around town, regardless of the cold.
Doctor is booked for Wednesday, had physio this arvo.
Charlie Parker was another Loughborough runner who's step dad was Mr. Amey from 'Amey Roadstone' and various other construction companies. He once invited us to his dads estate in Oxfordshire. I remember being blown away by the Vintage car Collection in the 'Garage' - More like a museum!

1 comment:

Bellthorpe said...

13.6 degrees? It's 6 degrees up here in the Sunshine Coast hinterland when I head off for the morning's run!