29 July 2008

Lance Armstrong


Tuesday 12.00noon 10.5KM Bridges 39m48s

Pretty quick time, pushed it specially last few K's. Close to flat out.
Inadvertently got shoulder barged by a runner coming in the opposite direction round a blind corner when at full pace. The other guy was built like a brick shite house and knocked me sideways, close to ending up in the lap of a person sitting on bench eating a cup of hot chips. I felt my fingers enter the cup as I tried to steady myself , however, I was not able to snag a chip for myself but I'm sure the person would have been put off having my hand fly into their lunch!

With the complete lack of variety I'm presently restricted to training wise, the only thing I can do, is go hard. I'm hoping this will at least allow me to maintain present form as it surely wont help me improve form.

Even though I might not be at my best I am excited about the City to Surf.
I managed to snag a Seeded Runners bib (it's amazing what World Masters Rankings can do for you!). So for the first time ever (that I can recall), I'm not running in a number but with my name plastered across my vest! Cool!

No comments: