01 November 2010

Monday Monday - Not so good for me!

Sun 2.47pm 10.5km Roo+Lake  40m50 (3m54 K's)
Mon 5.11am 10.55km Roo+Lake  48m50 (4m38 K's)

I had no time on Sunday and could only squeeze in a quick run and so I lifted the tempo.Happy to run; 4m36,4m02, 3m52, 3m51, 3m47, 3m49, 3m48, 3m41, 3m50, 3m49, 1m43(3m32 pace)
I paid for that this morning (8mins slower!!!) ran in pain nearly all the way, a very lethargic run.
Knee and hamstring pain.
Monday mornings!
No wonder I have taken Monday as a rest day a few times over the last couple of months! I was thinking if all my runs are this painful I'd have to take some time off and see if I can shift at least the hamstring issue.I am resigned to running with knee tendinitis for the foreseeable future!

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

I know you know what you're doing David but if I may be so bold, I'd say a you should keep up the hard sessions you do just cut them back by 50% or so and jog your easy days, really slowly!

Been working for me of late.

David said...

Funny enough Scott I've been thinking the same thing myself recently. It is either going to be that or taking time out to recover! Having said that,it is easy said than done! Like an addict I still ran 16K's this morning even with a low key 5.2km race tomorrow!