27 November 2010

Jump

Sat 7.00am 5000m QMA Nathan 16m02:65 1st
Fri 5.22am 10.56KM Roo+Lake 44m13 (4m11 K's)
Thu 5.26am 10.52KM Roo+Lake 44m15 (4m12 K's)

I knew I was in better shape than 16m30 
so gotta be pleased with a 25sec jump in performance? 
Yes but some reservations , a 75sec last lap was a pretty poor effort!
Warm and humid conditions and only a light breeze ;) 
I started hard as ever,ran solo through 3k in 9m34,which is about 15m50 pace.
Found it tough going really hanging out for the Bell!
Got there in 14:47 and expected to run sub 16, but could not quite pick up my dieing body, though I did draw upon Ronnie Peters in the finishing straight, to have the honour of being the first ever fellow Master to lap Ronnie!
All things considered I'm happy because I know there has to be more to come 
and I have at last ran a half decent time!


Here's a homage to Madonna The fittest 50 year old in every sense of the word!


3 comments:

Secret Blog for Killing Track PBs said...

Great work again David. Keep up the improvement.

Samurai Running said...

Congratulations David.

It's a long way from where you were with injury. And we all know how hard it is coming back from that! So really happy for you.

TokyoRacer said...

Good run, David. Hope you're under 16 next time.