27 May 2008

Paul Stapleton

Tuesday 5.00am 11KM Roo+Lake 46M07

Of course the compounded effects of Sunday and Monday meant that I was running in great pain to begin with this morning. Freezing cold 11 O C didn't help either.! I warmed up and brought it home respectably. Don't get me wrong, when the sun comes up Brisbane heats up and we ended up having another Blue sky cloudless Mid 20 O C day!.

The finished article in AW had a link to this blog and out of the blue (See 'Mel Parker' post comment) I hear from Paul Stapleton, who ran with me when when I first started running at London Irish A.C. Unbelievably Paul WON the All England Schools 100m (Junior) age group. Perhaps the last white guy to ever win it and what helped were the biggest thighs in Christendom! A lovely guy and a real Champion.

No comments: